The practice of successful people shows – you need to set goals and it is important to be able to correctly formulate them. Many live in an intense and intense rhythm. They try to lead a healthy lifestyle, but they still often get frustrated and disappointed.
The problem is that on the road to success we are impatient and underestimate the small steps.
Setting clear goals is the key to success in all aspects of life. Including in the field of health.
Clear goals stimulate the pursuit of results
If the goals on the road to health are too vague, we can easily give up. For example, you convince yourself: “I will walk more.” But this statement lacks clarity and accuracy.
Installation: “I will walk 1,000 steps a day daily for the next two weeks” will be a much stronger incentive to move forward.
Setting goals, we use time more effectively
When a clear goal is given, it becomes easier to implement it in everyday life. So, if you want to go through 1,000 steps a day, you’ll have to plan how you will practice it every day.
For example, walk the stairs instead of the elevator or park the car further on to walk. That is, you will have to split your goal into many points.
Clear goals give quick results
If the goal is clear, then it is easier to create a time frame for it. The allocation of a specific time to achieve each goal contributes to the overall succession of life. And this is the key to conquering any peaks! Setting clear goals and timetables for them makes our efforts more focused, and success is more likely.
Goals allow you to track progress
To achieve the goals, it is important to see progress. We can use special applications or delete implemented items from the list.
This allows you to clearly see how far you have come. This approach stimulates to move on. When the goal is achieved, we must focus on the individual steps, not on the result.
Presence of the goal gives a positive attitude
Having a goal, we know what we are striving for. A clear focus helps you feel control over your life and set a positive attitude.
SMART-technology is one of the most effective methods of goal-setting. It helps to deliver understandable realistic and achievable goals. So, your goals should be:
- Specific . Define the goal clearly, not in general terms. This will help focus on the small steps necessary to achieve the ultimate goal.
- Measurable . The parameters of your goal can be measured. Make decisions about what or other actions to achieve the goal and about how much you want to achieve in every day or week.
- Reachable . All your goals are easy and achievable. If you make them too ambitious, then you have more chances of failure. Remember, for achievement of success it is necessary to put small achievable goals.
- Relevant . Make sure that you are able to perform the steps necessary to achieve your goal. If you set a goal to train for a marathon, but work with it for 12 hours a day, it will be difficult for you to do it. Make sure that the goal coincides with your time commitments and abilities.
- Defined in time . Set the exact time frame. Set the date the goal was fulfilled. This will add responsibility and help focus on its execution.